Saturday, February 14, 2009

A deer! At last!


Yesterday this deer was spotted in my back yard, by the countertop installers. I have never seen a deer in my back garden! I tried to get photos of it, but was shooting through trees and so not the best. The deer left my garden going across my vegetable garden and across next doors veggie garden which is right beside mine. I dashed out the front door to find the deer across the road in the deer pasture, where I managed to get quite close to it. The noise of the recycle truck up the street scared it away, and it left, quite calmly. There were a few apples left lying around the vegetable garden. I think the deer must have smelled them and came to get them. Sure hope it doesn't smell anything in the veggie garden this summer! The deer's coat looks quite shaggy. Perhaps it is shedding its winter coat, now that Spring is here.

Yesterday they installed my countertops and sink. It is sooooooo nice to have the use of my kitchen back again!! The kitchen is getting to look really nice! We get the lino in the kitchen and bathrooms on 2 and 3 of March, with the carpet for my room ordered and might arrive end of March. When installation of carpet might be is hard to say. David cannot finish the cabinetry until the carpet is down. Then, we get the John in to paint. This whole effort will have taken a year to complete! oh man! The draperies were a real nightmare at the beginning! ah welllllll...

On Sunday, the electrician comes to finish up the few things left to do. I want the heater moved and the plug in moved, so I can turn my desk without leaving space in the corner to get at the plug in and without having the heat pouring on to the computer tower.

No comments: