Thursday, April 03, 2008

Tree Bark Texture

This is the bark of a tree I found when we were last up on Mount Tolmie. I have cropped out everything but the bark texture and turned it horizontally, saturated it just a bit. It is a naturally lovely colored bark on an evergreen tree. Wish I knew what it was.

We have had some cold weather recently. It seems I have been ever so busy lately. Trying to learn to shoot videos with my little camera. And learn how to edit them in Windows Movie Maker. I am not making too much progress. When I get a half decent one, I should like to load it to YouTube, I think. I need to learn a lot more about it yet, though.

I have almost finished my income tax. Horrible convoluted crap on the forms. So ridiculous.

The daffodils, arabis, anemones, hellebores, polyanthus and other flowers are making a lovely show in the garden despite the cold weather. My camillias will soon be finished.

I have loaded all the photos - 41 of them -- to the March grid. Next month's grid should be interesting. Its in a rather rough area of town though. I am not quite sure I want to be wandering around there by myself.

Cyrus's new photo upload site is looking better and better all the time. I might well be away when it comes on line though, it seems, from the way things are going. It IS a HUGE site, so it will take a bit of time to build it. Steve C. has some absolutely gorgeous photos from his last trip to China.

No comments: