Thursday, April 17, 2008

Garden Renovation




This is the last photo from the VCCC 5oth anniversary party. None of my car photos are good.

I have finished double digging my latest garden renovation, and putting down the stones for the paths. I have added 4 bags of sand to the stone paths and the soil areas. I put five 30 litre bags of top soil over the sand in the growing areas. The motivation for making this renovation was the fact that the bottom of the garden was very wet in winter. The bottom is where you see the row of primulas in the above photo. This reno has changed half of the back grass area into what I hope will be low growing hardy rock plants and more primulas for the bottom end. I have 21 little plants that I want to move into the new reno. The achillia and the wall flower will be the tallest plants. I will put the yellow achillia near the top "Y" with an under planting of golden thyme. I hope to put the pink thyme by the wall flower... maybe under the shade of the strawberry tree. The new pink primula to the primula bed, of course. I want to move the white one from the woodland garden and part of the blue one from under the deck.

No comments: