Monday, April 07, 2008

More VCCC fashion show



This is the ocelot coat with hand bag and shoes to match. This look very classy. Lovely model.. I didn't get the girls names. I missed the first part of the show, too, as I was busy visiting. I did get an isle seat, though. Not all of the models went past my side of the seating. Some of them did better poses than others too. This girl was really rather good.

On Saturday, I did some shopping... six very nice stepping stones for my garden. A new daffodil to put among all the blue anemone nemerosa, and 6 pansies. Then, I spent a few hours checking my clothes that I think I might take on our trip. I have 4 skirts and tops/dresses, 4 pants with tops, bathing suit, 2 pairs of shoes. Since I will be wearing some of these items in the meantime, I must be sure everything is cleaned and ready to go.

Yesterday (Sunday) I read some of my book, got my Flickr comments almost caught up and did some photo processing. Of course, I am lagging behind again in comments. I skimmed the debris off the top of the pond. I took a few scoops off the bottom to see how things were. One of the scoops had a big frog in it. The frog was kinda dozy. I think it had been hibernating in the mud. I have not cleaned out the pond for a few years now. I think I will leave this mud bottom. The water seems quite clear before I stirred it up. I hope to get plants growing over the rock edging plants. The saxifragias and little campanula are slowly filling in the edges.

I was out in the garden all afternoon, today. I got soooo much done out there. The lawn mowed, the dandelions dug out of the veggie patch, the new plants transplanted and the stone walk way at the entrance to the Japanese garden widened. I moved the pink azalea, then reset the blocks by the fig tree. I have a big flat stepping stone in the middle of this flower border. I have put spare sod onto places around the apple tree where the lawn is uneven, and moved some to the front grass strip where the crocuses are growing. I plan to cover about half of the back grass area with newspaper, then sand to get rid of this grass. This area is always very soggy in the winter time. I want to be able to walk across here on my stepping stones. I don't want to be mowing it or trying to get the grass to grow. So, the next big job will be to lay out the newspapers and cover them with sand and the stepping stones. Hopefully, by the time we get back from our trip I will be able to plant some ground covers in this area. Thyme seems to work in the front. I will think about what plants to get for the area once I see how much space is left and the configuration of each space.

The pixie orchid and the andean fire are in bloom in the light garden. All the African violets have blooms. I must fertilize them all again soon.

No comments: