Friday, April 11, 2008

Garden Renovation



This is another outfit from the VCCC 50th anniversary party fashion show. Not sure of the era of this one.

Yesterday I was out in the garden all afternoon, working on the renovation of the back grass area. I have the stone path finished. It goes in a curve from about the middle of what was the grass area across to the Japanese garden area. I have been double digging the area for the path. I was going to put down newspapers over the rest with sand on top, but now I am thinking of double digging all of it... not much left to do. Then I can still add the sand and mushroom manure on top, and maybe even start planting some thyme. I want this area to be mostly flat, I think. Pinks would be good for along the walk. I want to expand my primula collection. The ones I have seem to be doing very well in the damp clay area, with shade during the afternoon.

Pam and Rachel are going to be over for the week end. I really enjoy their visits. Should be fun.

No comments: