Tuesday, April 08, 2008

More VCCC fashion show




The navy dress is truly a very blurry shot. I was amusing myself with the modern and the old in the photo. I believe the other dress is from the 1920's.

Despite rain showers off and on today (some snowballs) I managed to get quite a bit done on my renovation of the back grass area. I have 4 big flat stepping stones set and the rest of the stones laid out. So, I have yet to finish digging in the flat stones... about 6 more. Then, I can put down the newspaper and cover it with sand and the rest of the stones. I need some top soil to fill in the places where I have dug out the stones. I hope to plant more primulas in the area where the stones were removed. When we are back from our trip end of May, the area under the newspapers should be ready for planting. Maybe some good little thyme plants where there is more traffic. the area that gets no traffic could be for some rock and alpine plants, maybe. Its all yet to be determined. The rock and alpine show and sale is on the 26th of this month, so perhaps I can bring home a few choice plants. But I really need some bigger rocks to raise them up out of the soggy area in the winter time.

Tomorrow is more blood tests. I will walk home after. I am slowly losing a few pounds, but not nearly enough to fit into my little black suit for travelling.

No comments: