Sunday, March 16, 2008

octopus

This octopus hangs on my wall. It is a plaster copy made from a mold of a real octopus; painted the color of the real creature, by William Van Orden.

Today I cleaned up the trays of the light garden, moved the taller orchids to the top, changed the light tube so that I now have a full compliment of 4 bright tubes, and watered everything. The Andean Fire and the haemaria discolor (old name for the one with the colored leaves) are in bloom. It all looks pretty good. I smashed up the old light tubes and put them in the garbage. Even though I had the tubes in their cardboard casings glass still flew around quite a bit. So, this involved sweeping and vacuuming to get it all picked up.

I have renewed my Vancouver Island Rock and Alpine membership which is due the end of the month. Their show is the 26th of April this year, which is a bit later than usual. Maybe my little willow will be looking ok to bring. I really should go to the meeting and get a list of the entry categories for the show. The Echevaria that Pam gave me last year looks like it has survived the winter. I must liberate its pot for a special rock garden planting, and put the plant into a larger pot for this year. Perhaps one of the big white pots and then keep it on the deck.

A couple of days ago I had 50 hits on my blog. Quite a few from the zust car - New York to Paris race. A few of the hits were from Google images where I seem to have a few of my blog photos. My VFXY ranking is going down, though. I am also getting these obnoxious comments that I reject. The comment invites you to link to a place that begins to add something to my pc, the minute I click on it. I have not reported this to Blogger yet, but I really should. Its just easy enough to reject them and delete. Its seems there are a few idiots who like to mess up a good thing. I cannot imagine what they get out of this vandalism.

My scale is showing a me a couple of pounds lighter, so I guess this eating less bread and potatoes is working. The gardening exercise helps too, I guess. I need to get even more stringent in what I eat, if I am going to fit into that little black suit again.

No comments: