Saturday, June 04, 2011

June in the Garden


The clematis are coming into bloom.  The above is the one that climbs up to the deck and surrounds the deck water tub.  The wisteria has been relegated to climbing up the Douglas fir tree.  It makes this evergreen bloom beautifully. 
Ok Ken!  Your advice for the penguin to upload to megashot is right ON.  This is the one.  Thanks..  actually I may just upload three of them.   What the heck... I have lots of storage room, there and our photos display very well, too.  :-)

Today was another perfect day.  Since I had to go to the lab for some tests, I decided to spend the morning at our Royal Oak mall.  Its a very charming mall, with an eclectic collection of shops and medical professional offices, pharmacy, grocery store, used book store, a good collection of restaurants and many other things.  There are no high end clothes or shoe shops, which is just fine with me.   Lunch was a bowl of won ton soup.. yumm. 

The Canucks have won the 2nd game of the Stanley cup playoffs.  This game went into over time, again... but only for 11 seconds and our team scored.  B.C. is going wild over our hockey team.  The police are already training their riot squads for the day we win.  I really hope there is no over exuberant celebrating this time.  Now, I believe they go to Boston for the next game in the series. 

A nest full of sparrows has hatched.  This evening they were dust bathing in my front garden flower bed.  So I went out and dusted them off with the garden hose.  I did a bit of watering as well.  Those little birds were complaining bitterly over this ill treatment they received.  Saturday and Wednesday are my days to water flowers, shrubs, vegetables, with a sprinkler  from 4:00 to 10:00 in the am and from 7:00 to 10:00 pm.    Otherwise I can water by hand any time, as long as my hose has a shut off trigger.  At the moment, I don't think I need the sprinkler, although we did not get any of that much promised rain.  I have not been out weeding for a few days... maybe tomorrow.

No comments: