Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Playing with a CS filter


This one, I think, is the best of the ones I shot today. Still needs more work, and I do need to get the adaptor for the 58mm and the 52mm. I should look at the lens hood, of course, also. As well as the wide and telephoto, although, they may not be worth the expense. If I get the 30D I should just use all my filters and lens with it, and get a good telephoto with extenders, if need be. Hmmmmmm pleasant plans!


This was about an hour later (5:20). No filter and no photoshopping. I had the 'my colors' set to the most colorful setting which is a bit like shooting with Velvia on slide film.

I was playing with a CS filter on my Canon S3 IS. I don't have the adapter to attach filters yet, so I taped the filter on the lens. I might have got it backwards for all I know. This is one of the first shots, shooting into the sun.

3 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

good year

Monterey John said...

That is some nice looking work, and I like your plans. I could go for a D30 myself. But I'll have to live with my Rebel XT a while longer yet.

Keep shooting!

Maggie said...

Thanks John,

The 30D is a bit in the future for me, too. Today I talked to someone who sells these cameras. Between the 20D and 30D there is not too much difference, it seems. The 30D is a bit faster, and the LCD a bit bigger. (Not sure of the price difference, but it is 'somewhat' higher for the 30D). And then on up to the other 'D's - I don't understand the big difference there, either. Hmmmmm, makes me wonder if its worth chasing the technoligical up grades. I think the money should go into the lenses, as you say your son has done. Clever boy. :)