Wednesday, November 08, 2006

S3 IS playing


Canon S3 IS with the zoom stretched to the max 12X, on a sunny October 31, 2006. I was shooting from the street down towards the harbor past Capital Iron's outdoor merchandise. These are 3 baskets sitting atop a packing crate. Shot in 'P" mode, white balance at sunny, exposure compensation at -2stops, F/4.0, and 1/1600 sec. shutter speed. This long lens is great fun. It is not as sharp as the shorter lens on my old Powershot. My disk space is filling up fast with these large pictures. I will eventually need to do some serious culling or just burn them all and delete.

I finally learned how to do a 'photocopy' with my scanner and printer. Its quite easy when you take the time to read the manual. Sigh.

We had pears for dessert today. I must go out and see if I can rescue any more of them. It froze last week, and rained torrents two days ago. I am finally over my cold and slowly getting my energy back. I have much to do in the garden and on my web page. Its time to get at it. :)

No comments: