Monday, November 13, 2006

museum Naples, Italy




A couple of photos from in the marvelous museum in Naples. This museum houses some excellent old Roman Sculptures and Egyptian artifacts. It is a MUST SEE when in Naples.

These photos were taken with my Canon Powershot A50. One converted to b & w. They are to be added to my Travel Malta album. Slowly getting it finished.

I talked with Bernard from NZ a couple of nights ago. He had a good look around my page and offered me some good advise and help. He noticed that I was hand coding all my stuff and I said I did not have Dreamweaver, yet. He said Dreamweaver adds a lot of unnecessary things that make the page take longer to load. Hmmmmmm. I will have to learn how to use CSS as well as the HTML and java script. When playing with Mirc on IRC I noticed the scripting was slightly similar to CSS. If I can find Java Scripts on the net, I should be able to find CSS stuff.

Today I found some good information about my S3 IS on the Flickr S3 IS discussion group. I don't think I will join Flickr, as I can read their postings anytime I want, but cannot ask questions. You now need to set up a Yahoo account to join Flickr, so I guess Yahoo has bought Flickr just as Google has bought our Blogspot. I still want to get a specific .ca domain and set up a pixelpost blog on it. But I have too much to do right now. I must get more of my present page finished too. Bernard suggested I remove the links from my unfinished pages. Hmmmmmmmmmm. I think it might be easier to do an Under Construction for each of them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice museum shots! looking forward to browsing your archives

Anonymous said...

Hello Maggie, You do get around...i'll have to come back and look around when i have time. It looks very interesting. I love Dreamweaver, makes it so easy - and it is another time comsuming career, especially getting into the fine art of CSS.
My next project is studio lighting/ portrait work. So much to learn so little time...and I'm retired. Thanks for your visits and comments.
I'll add you to my favoriites and keep and eye on your work.
Regards,
Rick

Maggie said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment. So, I shall think about getting Dreamweaver, again.

We seem to have even less time once we are retired.

Good luck with your studio/portrait work. I am not ready to try that just yet.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have had a good time. It reminded me of the time I was there in Pompei.

Cheers,
Sourena