Monday, September 25, 2006

Model T tour, house painting


Model T - Camera: Canon S3 IS, 1/800 sec., F/4.0
Click photo to enlarge

Rust - Camera: Canon S3 IS, 1/1600 sec., F/7.1, exposure comp: -0.67, totally zoomed on the 12x lens from a distance of about 400 feet

We are having the outside of the house and the garage painted. I had to cut down all my plants that were around the garage - the evergreen clematis, the grape, a rhodo, and the jasmines. Hopefully they will all grow again. The jasmine and the clematis are both very fragrant. But these plants are high maintenance over the garage, since I don't do ladders. Perhaps if they regrow, I can make them go up over the roof. The guy who did the roof said the plants would not hurt it. I found someone to haul away the pile of twigs and clippings for $45.00 & gst.

Trevor the Painter, from Home Depot, is doing a very thorough job.

I got the lawn mowed yesterday. I shall get some hedging cedars and/or burning bush shrubs, as well as a couple more heathers. The front is going to become lower maintenance and less messy looking hopefully. I should get a big bag of bark mulch to cover the wretched violets that spread everywhere. Pam said she liked them, but I find them way too invasive. They are good in a confined area, like my Bishop's weed is contained. I must get rid of the daylilies on Parmar's sidewalk and move the montebretias to the front rectanglular beds.

No comments: