Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Island Challenge


This is about the only good photo I got from the Island Challenge tour (pre 1927 cars). We toured around Victoria to some interesting places I have never been to before. It was good to see everyone. No one from Campbell River will be at this week-end's Can Am. That leaves us to speak to holding the meet in Canada next year. I hope Finalys are there, and can volunteer to hold it somewhere on the mainland next year.

I have 3 jars (apx 1 cup) of blanched plums, frozen. Gave some to A & T. I picked the grapes also, and shared them. When we get back from this week end, I should pick more blackberries to freeze. We are eating tomatoes (few) and spinach from the garden.

Today, a most wonderful boquet arrived at our house. The Grants send their thanks for the B & B. The flowers are a very classy move. They are gorgeous and have a lovely vase with them too.

I am taking my 35mm Canon, my old digital, and my new S3 IS on this short trip. Hope I get an opportunity to get some good shots to finish off the Velvia on the 35mm. I am anxious to see how the time exposures turned out... or not -- probably or not.

I have been spending hours and hours on this beta blog stuff. Mainly due to my limited knowledge of how things work.

I have been spending quite a bit of time reading on photo.net too. Philip Greenspun has taken back the management of the site. He has run Brian M. off the site, it seems. Nasty stuff. Must wait and see how things shape up with all the revisions. It might be a totally new and interesting site. I would not doubt that Brian will surface again. Hopefully with a web page critique site. That would be fun.

The wars continue in Afghanistan and the Middle East. Not something I like to think about at all.

No comments: