Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Water Garden, fence, and difficult neighbours

I have uploaded the first part of my 3 part page for the water garden. The first part is Creating the Water garden. The water gardem is full and cleaned out. The water fall sounds very nice, and it looks good. I clipped a few branches off the plum tree by the deck, so I can see into the pond. It is a very sunny day, so pictures today would not be good. This lily photo is from 2 years ago, probably in July or August.

Old weird Sheila phoned about sharing the cost of a fence, again. Parmars had a ready made fence delivered today and are sharing the cost with her. She is already getting in a fight with them over the cost of the fence and what her share might be. She interrogated the delivery person as to the cost of that fence. She says Parmar told her $1500 and the delivery guy said $1000. I told her I was not interested in a fence for my part of the lot that backs on hers. She wanted to discuss my attitude about this and I told her good bye and hung up. No thanks you silly old bat.

Yesterday Shanon P. came over to say that the wisteria was knocking over the fence. As I was just back from seeing Dr. C. at the Royal Jubilee, Pat went out to see what the matter was. Apparently the wisteria was on the fence and the post was leaning over. So, Pat cut the wisteria down to about 2 feet tall. It was lovely and in full bloom. I shall try to make it grow into a tree now, instead of letting it vine all over. I will try prune all the branches to head towards my garden. It will need a lot of pruning but will be worth it, once it gets blooming again, in ohhh, maybe 6 years. Geezzzzzz. Parmar has taken down his part of the fence. We can see the horrible hatchet job Old Weird has done on some cedars she had along the fence. Man oh man what a mess. She has also been topping the white birch trees and everything else she has in her yard. I think these neighbours of mine hate trees and flowers. I expect I might plant a few more hedging cedars where the wisteria no longer has branches... along about 8 feet of my vegetable garden. There is space for them. I could use a few more at the back in the woodland garden, too, where the Scotch Pine was removed. I should get the biggest ones I can get delivered from Cannor and put them in this summer perhaps. I should get another couple of cedars for along between my water garden and Parmars also. So, perhaps 10 - 12 cedars in all. Any spare ones can go along between the woodland garden and the neighbors on that side where I took out the Russian Olive tree - nasty thorny thing, although it had lovely bark and leaves.

No comments: