Monday, May 22, 2006

Hedge trimming, Victoria Day Parade, Water Garden







It was raining and colder today, so we did not go down to watch the parade. We watched it on TV. This parade is the largest in Canada, and it is the parade's 108th year this year. It ran from 9:00 to after 12:00. It starts at the Mayfair Mall and runs down Douglas Street to about the Conference Center. We get quite a few US highschool marching bands attending each year. They are very competitive.

While sorting out my photos for the 2 last stages of my web page's water garden album, I came across a few more interesting shots that I have to load here. I might load all these to my photo.net portfolio, too.

I have the lawn areas mowed, the hedges trimmed, the water features full, the vegetable garden planted and some weeding done. I need to do a bit more weeding and trimming back of shrubs and trees. Then the garden will just need regular maintenance. Its looking not toooo bad. I shall need a few more hedging cedars for where Old Weird has removed her ugly fence. I will want to get a water hyacinth or two, a few goldfish and maybe a shubunkin or two. I need to get some sort of shelter for the fish to hide in when the predators come calling. The mermaid tub still has its old fish and won't need another.

I finished reading the book about Rattenbury a few days ago. A good read and some good history on Victoria in it.

No comments: