Friday, May 19, 2006

Vegetable Garden, Lawn



I cannot decide which Norfolk Island Pine I like best, so loaded both of them. I cut the growing tip off this plant to keep its height below the pictures on the wall behind it. I have the tip stuck in a pot of dirt and hope it roots to start a new plant.

I got out last nite just after sundown to shoot some garden photos but still got glare on things. The vegetable garden is all planted and watered. I cleaned up the flower beds at the front along the street. Then mowed the grass with the new mower. It works great. The edging boards at the front are good with the mower too. I should put an outer strip of colored stone between landscaping tiles like Salis did in their front yard. Maybe next year. After mowing I watered around the back and topped up the pond a bit. Pat has several bags of twigs chopped up. There are still stashes of branches under the deck, by the compost bin and under the camillia on Parmar's side. Not enough to call Tom the hauling guy for though.

Old Weird has taken down a section of her fence by the firethorn and has put up a plastic green screen thing. I like how this looks without out that ugly grey fence behind the evergreens. Now my trees will get more sunshine, hopefully.

No comments: