Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Greece travel trip loaded



This is one of the murals at knossos on Crete (the labyrinth). Its a huge dig that was once the palace of King Minos who had the minotar (A monster who was half man and half bull, to whom young Athenian men and women were sacrificed in the Cretan labyrinth until Theseus killed him.) We spent most of a day looking around these ruins, and after that went to the very good museum that holds many articles from this dig.

Our trip to Greece was an excellent trip. Crete was just a part of the whole trip. While reading my travel journal when loading my album to my web page, it seems we had some scrumptious meals as well as ouzo and good wines. There is so much to see in Greece. I could repeat the trip and still learn more.

....................

Last Saturday there was a 7.6 earthquake in Pakistan. The death toll is said to be about 30,000 and climbing. Its cold in the area and it is the beginning of winter. World disasters seem to be becoming common place. There is something awfull happening every month, it seems. Those poor people! I am so fortunate to live where I live, and to live how I live.

No comments: