Friday, April 10, 2009

Wild flowers

Not a flower but a lichen. They are always nice to have in the rock garden, though.
I do not know what this one is, but I believe it is one of our own indigenous rock plants.
These are a familiar site all year. I would like to get some of them growing in the grass strip along the front of my garden, where the crocuses grow. These could be blooming while the crocus leaves ripen to feed the bulbs. I cannot mow this area until the crocuses go dormant. Perhaps a few violets might look nice in here also.

These are a few of the plants found on the rocks and grass along the seawalk through Songhees. I was shooting for the Victoria Grid Project - a Flickr group. It was a very bright and sunny day. Since I was along the waterfront, I used my ND grad. filter to cut down the glare. I love that filter. It does wonders in keeping my photos from just washing out in all the light.

Friday - I felt like I accomplished a few things this day. I made a rhubarb and strawberry pie. Last year's rhubarb that I had frozen, and frozen strawberries. The pie is delicious. Pat rescued it from being incinerated as I had my head buried in my tax forms. Well, that wretched task is finished also. I really wish these tax forms were not so very convoluted. They are getting worse every year, it seems. We now have forms to attach to schedules that attach to the the main form.

No comments: