Monday, April 06, 2009

Vancouver Island Rock and Alpine Show




Yesterday was a lovely day with 16 degree temperatures. In looking around the garden I see things popping up quickly. They seem to be making up for lost time in our cold Spring, this year. The aubretia, arabis, anemones, polyanthus, daffodils, hyacinths, hellebores, camillias, and others are showing quite a lot of color. My little rockeries need attention, but things are not looking too bad. The marsh marigold will soon be a mass of gold and green along the edge of the pond.

The Vancouver Island Rock and Alpine Gardening Society is having their annual show and sale this month. This is an annual event on my calendar, even though I am not an active member in the club. It is a very interesting club. They have field trips, open gardens, workshops, monthly meetings with speakers, a show of plants and sale of plants by the expert growers of the group. Some of the members are Internationally known speakers. This month, I missed the workshop on making styrofoam planters.... and I have a perfect round form just sitting on my deck, waiting to be made into a planter. Now I shall have to research it on the net, I guess.

Rock and Alpine Show and Sale:

Cadboro Bay United Church
2625 Arbutus Road, Victoria, B.C. Canada

Admission by donation.

Friday - April 17th
1 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Saturday - April 18th
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
VIRAGS club members' plant sale: 11 a.m.

Specialty nurseries will sell plants during the entire show.
Seeds will be on sale throughout.

Afternoon tea

No comments: