Thursday, October 02, 2008

Riga, Latvia - May 27, 2008


This is a couple more photos from our tour in Riga, Latvia. These church windows turned out pretty good, I think. Riga is a must see, if ever you are in that part of the world. I wish I had had more time there.

At home, we have our drapery all installed and have yet to settle the bill. This will happen next Tuesday when Leigh will be over to discuss it with me. I think their billing is ridiculously high, but what do I know? I have not had the window coverings upgraded for 20 years. And so I will pay it and be done of them.

Tomorrow we go to see Alan at Home Depot about the kitchen cabinets. We have settled on a cherry wood because the oak was not available in the style we wanted. This 'not available' stuff seems to be happening at least 25% of the time. Very annoying that they would keep examples on display, that are not available. Pat phoned the carpet lady at home depot and we are to see her tomorrow after we see Alan. Her name is Melinda, and she gave a quote for the carpeting job of the stairs, hallway, livingroom and dining room in the carpet we chose to Pat over the phone. The quote was well within the range of price that he wanted so now we just need a time and hopefully a good installer.

My photo that is attached to an article on the Now Public news site. I am preparing two more for the Ford article.

Today, we went out to the battery store to see about the battery in the van. While Pat was having the battery tested I went next door to the hydroponics store. They have and sell live coral to grow in salt water aquariums. Oh wow, that stuff is gorgeous, and so are the fish. If ever I get finished with this house renovation I am going to look into this aquarium and coral stuff. The guy said it is easier to do now than it once was. So, maybe next year, this time, I will have my aquarium here in my room. I will first have to know if I can find someone dependable to take care of my fish and coral when I am away for a month, or a week, or however long they could go without attention.

Pat is having the van cleaned up and prepared for a few days down to Monroe for the swap meet. I don't think Cyrs will be able to come.. it sounds like they are even more busy than we are.

No comments: