Monday, June 16, 2008

Russian River Cruise - Day 6 - May 17


Church of the Prince


St. Elijah the Prophet Church

Volga River Sunset

Along the River

There have been some beautiful sunsets/sunrises on this cruise. I have been shooting out the cabin window to capture a few of the rural scenes.

At 9:00 am we set out by bus to go to Yaroslavl for a walking tour of the City. There is much history in the city which can be found elsewhere. I have quite a few more photos from this day. Its a beautiful city and a center of the arts in Russia.

I feel like I am over my cold at last. Yesterday we rode around on the Model T Speedster for the annual Father's day run. Today I finished the vacuuming, and the dusting. I have put my big, over grown plants out on the deck, never to be returned to the house. My living room and the computer corner look a lot better now, without the jungle. My garden is needing attention next. All the water features were about half empty due to evaporation. I refilled the pond, again today as it had evaporated quite a bit. I must do the tub again too, as well as the half barrell. The lupines were marvelous with the foxgloves!! The poppies are out and the rhodos and roses. Can't wait to get out and trim things up so it looks even better.

No comments: