Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Photoshop and stuff


A couple of days ago I spent quite a bit of time trying to learn a bit more about 'layers' in Photoshop. I have learned how to open the files, put the menu in 'window/arrange/cascade. Then I can drag any of the photos I have open over each other with the move tool while holding down the shift key. Then the layers palette shows the new layers. If I right click on the top layer I get a menu for the blending modes. I carried on from there, just mucking about to see what different things do.

After looking at some of the grunge photos in Flickr grunge groups, I decided I needed edges. These are not official or proper edges but I had fun doing this with the smudge tool, the dodge and burn tool and a few other things, while learning how to use those tools too.

No comments: