Thursday, April 20, 2006

Weeding and digging

I have about 1/4 of the area I call the vegetable garden dug over. The last few years it has been wild, with self sown flowers. This year I hope to do vegetables again. Plus I have two dahlias that I am going to add and about 30 gladiolas. I have added the compost bin (old garbage bin that Pat has cut holes in) It looks good on the garden and saves me the trip to the compost bin with this garden stuff. The new bin is already full, so is the old one. I have taken the leaf mold that was in the old wire bin on the garden, and put it around the rhubarb. I want to redo the walk way along the side as well, and need a dozen or so square cement blocks. The area for the iris will be expanded a tiny bit. I need to trim up the wisteria after it blooms and try get it under contol. The lilac by comparison is very civilized and there is no suckers on it. They are both coming into bloom. The bay laurel will need trimming. The clematis is getting out of hand too and needs to be trained and tied up properly. I shall have to tie it to the wisteria and make them intertwine.

No comments: