Friday, August 22, 2008

Riga, Latvia - May 26








These are a few photos from the last part of this long, information filled, lovely day. My notes are very sparse, as I must have been ready to sleep right after our dinner which was in another very good hotel.

At home it has been a busy week. Denise and I have almost all the materials ordered for the windows. One last one to decide because the last material we chose was again no longer available. Would be nice if they could update their display books, now and then.

The carpet we chose from Hourigans is no longer available, either. Well, this all gets frustrating. So, now we are hunting for just that color in another brand of carpet. Seems we cannot find it.

Dean the kitchen reno guy was here this morning and we measured and planned for 2 hours. I have to go see Colonial to educate myself about counter tops and decide what I want. Dean says to talk to Nelson. Dean is also going to send his electrician buddy over some time to talk to me about the lighting. He said he would come along if he could to help us co-ordinate this renewal of my kitchen. I am already dreading all the things that could screw up with this part of it.

Yesterday, Rosemary, Mary and I had a day out to go to Garden Centers, lunch at Romeo's and a couple more garden centers. Was fun, but another fairly long day.

I have had more time looking at the demo of the new site, and helping with more Flickr stuff. I recently watched the Matrix movies. The way people behave on these on line communities and carry on their virtual lives, makes me think the matrix is here, now. We don't need some intelligent machines to create it for us. We do this dream world in our heads and behind our keyboards. All very addictive. Just like blogging. :))

I have my new compost bin filled and have got enough of the cut back perennials and weeds taken out, to fill yet another bin. And they don't come to take this away until the 16 of Sept. Oh well, I will keep cleaning up the garden and load the bin each month. There probably won't be much added in January or February. I should probably finally get to within my bin full per month. We have had some rain and cooler weather this week, but I only got a few hours on a couple of days out there. The pond is filled, all the african violets are blooming inside, and I did manage to water a bit. The yellow plums are ready for eating. I need to make a new plum plucker. I added a couple of plums to the rum pot today and we had some with frozen mango yogurt for dessert. yummm.

No comments: