Tuesday, March 10, 2020

The Vancouver Island Rock and Alpine Gardening Society Spring Show and Sale


I have a few plants put into pots for taking to the show and sale.  They have  a few weeks to grow roots in their pots.  Tonight I will take 3 terra cotta pots to the meeting to add to the pots that Paul Spriggs needs to pot up about 80  Rex Murfitt saxifragias to save the collection.  My own 2 year old Rex saxifragias are growing like crazy in their pots with the tufa rocks.  I need to find a spot in my garden for the saxifragias.  I have 2 growing in the back little rockery that are from Cannor nursery.  One is a red mossy saxifragia from last year and the other is a fairly common one, with white flowers. (the name escapes my memory at the moment.)  A week or two ago I got a 50 lb bag of #3 chicken grit from Borden Mercantile for the top dressing on the rock plants.  I hope someone has tufa rocks for sale at the VIRAGS show and sale. 
I finally got the Journal Entries for 2019 loaded to my web page.  I couldn't stop looking at the photos of the year on https://www.mmmee.com/JE2019  that page.

No comments: