Friday, January 18, 2013



We took a drive out to the Industrial Park near the Airport to see this big Machine that Ramsay Machine Works are building.    Its a huge crane that is going to be taken over to Vancouver Port for loading coal.. no doubt to be shipped to China. 

The weather has been cool with light frost over nite and some sun during the day recently, with temps getting up to about 6.  The humming birds have been feeding.  The bulbs are on hold until the weather warms up a bit; and so is my gardening.

I have been reading an old book published in 2003 by John Douglas called 'Anyone you want to be'.  A true story about a serial killer who, in his later crimes searched the net for victims.  This guy makes these Copyright thieves look pretty tame, by comparison.  I believe Kansas still has the death penalty, but no one has been executed since 1994.  From Wikipedia: 
John Edward Robinson (born December 27, 1943) is a convicted serial killer, con man, embezzler, kidnapper, and forger who was found guilty in 2003 of three murders and received the death sentence for two of them. He subsequently admitted responsibility for five additional homicides, and investigators fear that there might be other, undiscovered victims as well.[1]
Because he made contact with most of his post-1993 victims via on-line chat rooms, he is sometimes referred to as "the Internet's first serial killer".[2]

On my ipad I have been reading an even older book called Moby Dick.  It has its moments but drags along quite a bit as the author goes off on some tangent.

I have set up a google plus account to see how it works.  Of course its another place to spend countless hours communicating on line about any number of things.  Don't think I will be spending very much time there, as I have far too much to keep me busy now.  I have a new domain and godaddy has an FTP and a Word Press program for me to use when I am ready for this next adventure.   I will still keep my blogger despite all the copyright infringements.  It is just getting to be too much time wasted chasing these twits.  There is definitely something wrong with this system.  England seems to have a remedy for the long legal battles involving lawyers and great cost:  Read this  http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/photo-news/539304/photo-copyright-boost-set-to-open-online-floodgates
So, can Canada , EU and US be far behind?  

OPEN THOSE FLOODGATES!  It is long overdue.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

China has more coal than anyone but the seem to want to hoard oil and coal.

Enforcement for copyright will always be a problem even with n
ew laws.

Maggie said...

From what I saw on our trip to China, they are using that coal. The industry in that country is just booming. The cities are huge and smoggy.
We need some way to keep people from taking the photos in the first instance. All these brilliant technological geniuses should be able to figure something out.. a file ending in .jpegSelfDistruct when taken by any means or moved or attempted to be used by anyone but the owner ... but I dream. :-}}