Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Some September Harvest


We have been eating yellow Plums for desert for the last 3 weeks.  They are especially good with mango swirl frozen yogurt and a touch of marsala.  I cannot reach very many more of them with the plum plucker.  This plum plucker is a small plastic container duct taped to an old broom handle.  The plums are nearly finished their season.  The figs, on the other hand, are very slowly ripening.  As usual the 'second crop' of small figs is abundant, while the larger older ones nuimber about 12.  The last week of hot weather should have hurried them along a bit. 
The weather was very hot and then just today the mercury plummeted very quickly.  I even turned up the thermostat as I was chilled. 
We have been away to the Island Challenge car event and just got back on Monday.  pictures to follow, perhaps.  Aside from cleaning up about 5 more feet of the path in the back garden, pruning and dead heading perennials and shrubs, and watering, I have not got very much gardening done. 



When we were on our 10 day trip to Barkerville, there were many wild flowers that needed to be photographed.  It was a wonderfully adventurous trip.  More photos later, perhaps.

I have been doing a bit of photo sorting for my web page, and updating the travel lists.  As usual, I wish I had at least two lives to do all the things I want to get done.  I see I can watch TV news and some programs on my computer.  I know I can watch movies in parts from on you tube.  Ken Anderson has given me some information on using Netfix to watch movies and tv.  I don't think I will get much time to do all of this, though.  I will want Trevor to hook up my hd screen and the headphones so I can watch and listen to this stuff late at nite, when everyone else in the house is sleeping.

No comments: