Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our trip to the Galapagos, Ecuador and Peru

I have created the Under Construction page for my old web page, for our trip to the Galapagos, Ecuador and Peru, from March 4th to March 19th.   The trip was very very busy.  We were in 12 different airplanes on the 14 day trip.  After we transferred to our ship, Xpedition, we had daily walks, morning and afternoon, with the choice of short walk or long walk on most days.  We mostly did short walks, except for the days we were not feeling very well.  I believe there were 138 people on our small ship.  We would board a Zodiac (16 people per boat) and go to the island destination of the day.  Do a wet or dry landing and proceed along the walk - usually single file - with our Naturalist guide showing us the flora and fauna on this particular walk.
The food, was scrumptious and very rich.  Despite all the excercise, and days of not eating much, I still had gained 2 pounds.  I could hardly believe it... but there it was on the scale readout.

I will try to put the next posts in chronological order, starting with day one... getting there... and etc.

At home I have the laundry and a few other household chores done.  Need to finish the ironing and clean the house.  We have had gorgeous days outside, but I have not been out since Monday.  I have been doing some catch up work on the new site . Megashot.net.  We have quite a few new members, since I was away.  The site is growing very nicely. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you noticed how like you are!?
I cant wait for my vacation to do the Galapagos Island Travel!!!!
I envy you so much!

Maggie said...

What sneaky way to add your advertising. Who would sign up with such a stupid company as to employ the likes of you!!