Friday, May 09, 2008

Tulips and waterfall in my garden



This photo of the waterfall in my garden shows the top part of the waterfall. The water drops about one foot, runs down a flat stone for about a foot and then drops off into the pond for another fall of a foot. The pond looks good with the debris skimmed off. The marsh marigolds are finished blooming. The water hawthorn is in bloom now. The lilies are beginning to put up leaves. The tulips are putting on their show right now. They seem to be quite tall this year. The one shown here is 'blue heron'.

In walking about the garden today, I saw at least two of the lizards, no frogs, some birds.

I have taken in rhubarb and have 2 cups chopped and frozen for our next pie. The plant should be more vigorous next year, I hope. I must remember to feed it.

No comments: