Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Record hot day - October 24


Yesterday, after my appointment with Dr. Donna, I continued on up Pandora Avenue to Oak Bay Avenue into the Grid area for this month. When I left home in the morning I thought it was going to be the usual temperatures around 10 - 15 degrees celcius, and wore my sweater, warmest pants and black jacket. We had a record breaking high of 20 degrees. I was extremely warm on my long long walk around to shoot for the Victoria Grid Project for the month of October. The Map is L31 and includes some of Oak Bay, some of the Royal Jubilee Hospital. The Bay Street Entrance does not appear to be in the grid. The cutoff on Oak Bay Avenue is Davie Street. Its very disconcerting to find that some of my shots might not even be in the Grid, after all that walking. I wonder why they cut things up like that when they decided on the grid. Guess if I don't go to the grid meets to decide these things, I shouldn't complain. I should at least remember to take my Grid map with me. Damn, I forgot to put it in my purse. The sun was extremely bright so my shots are very contrasty. I must have walked at least 10 miles. My legs sure feel like it, anyway. While waiting for the bus, some guy was asking people for change for the bus. I finally gave him the coins. We need the right change for the bus or a pass. The guy got on the same bus as me and got off before I did, so he wasn't panhandling. Most people thought he was. He didn't offer me any paper money in exchange for the coins though. I should have taken his photo on the bus, but somehow felt a bit sorry for him. Not everyone in the world has the same level of awareness or intelligence to cope.

No comments: