Thursday, August 11, 2005

August Fruit preserving


The tree is loaded with plums this year. I have found a rum pot recipe and hope to get one started in a day or two, using plums and black berries, for starters.

Two days ago I picked a bag of plums and froze 6 1/2 pints of plum sauce. The tree is just loaded with fruit and its all ready. We have been eating fresh plums with frozen yogurt for dinner every night. Yummm.

Today I picked a 3.3 kg pail of blackberries, washed and froze 3 litres for pies. I must call Sheila and tell her the blackberries are ready. There are lots of green ones to come yet. So, maybe the end of next week.

I got another 256 mp CF card for my camera, ink for the Epson 1280, and batteries for the Canon EOS Elan 7e. London Drugs sells used cameras. Hmmmmm..

Its a week since we got back from our trip. We seem to have done so many things at home in the last week. I am reading War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells. A good oldie.

No comments: