Friday, May 29, 2020

Tulips in the April Garden

 A giant blue hyacinth grows in front of the Wall flower by the entry way steps.
 A black tulip.  This rendition of the black tulips does not look black enough, but I think they really are a very very dark red.
 more of the black tulips
There are several black tulips that Grace left for me some years ago.  I have them growing in the bad alongside the white of the old garage. 
 I put this huge double wine colored tulip in the vase on the dining table.
 The huge double wine colored tulip in the garden.  There are a few of them growing in the fig tree bed.
 A fringed tulip.  I thought it was blue heron, but this one does not look very blue.
 A lily flowered red tulip in the moss garden.
 Lovely red and white tulips in the fig tree bed.
 This tulip grows in the front garden in the Magnolia tree bed.
 Another of the color coordinated  tulips that grow in the Magnolia tree bed, near the david.
A saxatilis species tulip.  They spread madly about the back garden in the woodland.
A very nice white tulip with pink edging on the petals.
Most of the hyacinths and tulips grow in the back garden in the Fig tree bed.  

Today I just started cleaning up this bed, starting at the  stepping stones that lead past the rhodos and into the Moss/Japanese garden.  The Fig tree bed is on the other side of the stepping stones.  I got about 4 of the stepping stones in the moss path weeded.  I weeded and dead headed the new rhodo that grows between the house and the step.  The ferns in the area got cut back a bit to let the rhodo show its nice form.  I am letting the foxgloves grow in front of it though.  I weeded under the rhodo that is on the other side of the step.  There are 3 perennials growing under  this rhodo and the one beside it,  that need to be taken out, as they seem to be crowding the rhodos. The hellebore might get moved to the back corner of the woodland.  It is a dark purple color .  I don't think it does much for the shade garden.  

No comments: