Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Early April in the garden #2

 This is a lovely little red mossy saxafragia that I bought at Cannor last year.  It is in the small rockery at the back.  I should like to propagate it for inclusion in my new little tufa garden at the front.  I have finished digging the area over and will let it rest for awhile to see if any bluebells  or montebresias come up.  I will be getting about 330 lbs of  small pieces of tufa rock from Maria.  Her and her husband are taking their truck and fetching as many 'skids' from Brisco, as the club members want,  at the end of May.  Janice has agreed to have her driveway as the pickup spot for all of us who want some rock.  I want to take the big tufa rocks I have in pots on the deck down to the tufa garden, maybe by next Spring.  I hope to get Pat to drill a few holes in these rocks.  I have just finished digging over the area where I am going to make this additional rock garden and will wait over winter to see if any blue bells or montebretias will come up to be dug out. 
 This is a primula veris that  grows in front of the rhodos by the back step.  It is finally beginning to spread out a bit.  The dark hellebores seem to crowd it and need constant cutting back.  
 This is the perennial bed between the fig tree and the holly tree.  It is full of hyacinths and the fragrance is all over the garden when the hyaciths are open
 A tulip from the back garden.
We have some interesting activity on the trail through the park.  This horse and rider are on their way past our home to the trail. 


No comments: