Thursday, March 29, 2007

train, again



We spent quite a lot of our time driving on our recent trip. I would look out across the desert and see a train... way off in the distance. Zoom the 12X lens through the window and collect yet another train shot. Would probably be better if not shot from a moving vehicle, but I like the motion blur added to this train.

Today I got my new under water pump for the pond. It says it will do 1015 GPH on a 4 ft. waterfall. Hmmmmmmmm, but that waterfall is 10 inches across. My pond capacity is approximately 1000 gallons so this should be the right size pump, as my waterfall is about 4.5 ft. high. I will probably lose some water from the hooks ups to the mouth of the pond, so I hope this works. I might have to figure out how to attach the valve gizmo that slows down the flow, if it is too much for my pond. Where ever that valve thingy might be, now, is another good question, but I know I have one somewhere. I got the pump from Home Depot for $189. - fairly pricey. But its been quite a few years since I bought a new one. This one has a 2 year warrantee on it.

No comments: