Friday, March 30, 2007

Plum tree in bloom



This tree is covered in blossoms.
I mowed the lawn today, did a bit of weeding, moved a tiny campanula from the old cedar trough to the little rockery where the lewisias are growing. Moved some of the saxifragia out of the trough to the waterfall. Washed off the sidewalk by the garage. I have to move the montebretias in the front -- some to each of the front beds, and some by the tub garden. Maybe there will be some left to put in the sunny part of the woodland garden. Then when I get them all moved I must put the little minature rose in there place. Maybe get another mini rose. The spring flowers are looking really quite good, and smelling good too. I do not miss the plants that were hanging on the garage, although the evergreen clematis had wonderful fragrance. It is so much easier not to have to worry about pruning them back. I might take out the strawberry tree, too. I blocks the view of the back. I must do a serious pruning of the firethorn. It has some very thick branches that I will need to use the saw on. I can get the blade off the pole trimmer, I think. Its very sharp.

I made parsnip cakes for supper again. They turned out pretty good.

I have completed 4 of the 20 pages of our trip to Scotland/Ireland and must get on with it, and get it finished.

No comments: