Friday, July 21, 2006

Oximetry, new roof, and bears






Today I shot a couple more photos for the 'bears' album on my page. Its a few of my teddy bears set up in particular positions. I will eventually load them to the Series under Photography http://www.mmmee.com/Series where the 'Lambs" from the previous post, are, also.

I shot a bowl of cherries for the 'From the Market' under Gardening; and, I have a nice reflection on a motorcycle for the 'reflections' album under Photography. I am slowly getting a few more things together. I shot the motorcyles in the parking lot while I waited for Pat to pick me up at the Royal Jubilee. I had picked up the kit to measure my oxygen levels in my blood, while sleeping. Yesterday I returned the kit after having the thing on my finger overnite. Dr. C.'s office should call me back to set the appointment re the results.

We had the roofers from Sears come and do the garage roof today. The temperatures were expected to climb above 30 and they did. Our thermometer said 35 which is really hot for us, a record breaking temperature. The roofers arrived by 7:30 am and finished by noon. It is just too hot to do work like that out in the sun. We are not accustomed to that kind of heat.

Israel has been sending shelling Lebanon for the last week. Civilians are being killed. Israel says it is retailiating for 2 Israeli soldiers that the Hezbollah (militant Muslim group) kidnapped. The Hezbollah want Israel to release the Lebanese people they have in captivity (including women, children, in an indeterminate number) in exchange for these 2 soldiers. There is something about this latest round of fighting in the Mid-East that is just more scary and worrisome than usual. You can see the countries lining up on either side of this stupid dispute. It just keeps escalating. I wonder when we are going to learn that everyone needs to dispose of guns and arnaments and armies. If the World spent even 1/10th of its money on diplomatic training and peace negotiations and laws, we would have all the rest of that money to spend to combat disease, do scientific research of all kinds. From this age we live in, I cannot see why any competent, intelligent, leader of any country cannot imagine a world without guns.

No comments: