Saturday, February 11, 2006

Learning RAW conversion to Jpeg in PS CS


Working with RAW files in PS CS. Wow, I can see the possibilities. I must get accostomed to using this PS. There are sooo many things to do with it. Cyrus is a big help with it on photo.net. This is a RAW converted to Jpeg and saved for web. I used the sliders to add more shadows, brightness and a bit of contrast. I sharpened with USM, downsized, and sharpened again. I am by no means proficient with my PS... cannot get the clone and other stamps to work, but shall look at the tutorial on that some time. As is my 'stuck' pixel remains on this photo and the bit of green at the top left that I would have taken out with the smudge brush, if I could have made it work. But I am making progress with my PS.

This little orchid is in bloom. I think this shot was with the 'jump' and florescent light balance setting (as it is on my light garden), and in RAW. Big files....... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I will just need one more big CF card now, maybe. I can get 159 RAW on the 256 card, and 40 on the 64 card, from my little 1.3 mega pixel Canon. I lost the EXIF data on this somewhere in my conversions... it may have been the 'save to web' that did it.

Trevor set up Pat's new PC last nite. He is so very reasonable on his rates. Pat has a got what I think is a very good deal on his new CPU, mouse, keyboard, speakers (yet to come). He can update his monitor any time if he wants to. Trevor saved all his stuff and managed to get Pat's old Netscape email working too. The kid is good!!

I went to google to find out how to make my Windows media player the default player after Quick Time made itself the default. I have a Quick Time file on my programs menu that hangs. Its called 'sonic' and is empty. I did want to look at Quick Time's slide show maker, but I don't need it, if it is going to do weird things to my Programs menu. Thinking of deleting it and using PDF's for the slideshow... but I need more information on that yet. Might delete that Quick Time -- I can always reload, if I think I might need it.

No comments: