Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The snow piled higher and higher

 The lantern in the Japanese/Moss garden.  Shooting from the window under the deck.  I have recently found the name of the plant with the big leaves.  I believe it is the castor oil plant, although it does not have red leaves and I have never seen it bloom.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricinus  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricinus
 Railings on the 12th piled higher with snow.

 A closer look at the fluffy, wet snow piled on the deck railing. 
 The bird bath with at least a foot of snow piled up on it.  Beside it the basil plant had gone to seed and I left it in its pot.  I wonder if any of the seed will germinate. 
 More of the chairs, table and deck piled with snow.  I had cleaned the snow off the bin by the deck door and was putting out the humming bird feeder on it in the morning.  Wish I had taken a photo of it.
 The icicle out the dining room window at its maximum size.  It grew from the melt and repeated freeze.

            The bushes and the power line across the street.
 The david is heaped with snow.  The bamboo is weighted down to the ground  with all the snow on it.
More of the snow piled on the deck railing and the bay laurel behind it.
The bird bath on the deck heaped with at least a foot of  snow.  The basil next to it had gone to seed.  I wonder if any of the seed will germinate.  


No comments: