Wednesday, November 14, 2018

October deck plants

This is a tiny fern that I got at the VIRAGS Plant sale.  It is adiantum aleuticum subpumilum $ 5.00
needs to be kept moist.  and a Gentiana depresso.  I will put the fern in the moss garden as its seems quite hardy.  The gentiana has yet to be decided.
I think this one is a primula auricola.  This might look good in one of the pink pots.
 I took a few cuttings of the delosperma cooperi,  Hardy Ice Plant.  I think mine is Fire Spinner
https://www.highcountrygardens.com/gardening/growing-ice-plant-delosperma/
very informative site 
I am thinking about planting them in the big pink pot and making an arrangement of these pink pots with more rock/alpine plants in them.

At the VIRAGS show and sale last Spring: 
April 21, 2018
Saxfragia Hybrida (R.M.) $ 4.00

Silver Saxifragia Symons Juene (R,M.) 4.00

Saxifragia apiculata (R.M.?? not sure) 5.00

Saxifragia Stadii (R.M.) 4.00

Saxifragua M.B. (R.M.) 4.00

{Saxifragia paniculata from Royal Oak } 2.50
Saxifragia in Butchart Gardens cement pot from R. M. Home........... $20.00

no name. I think it is a primula auricola 

I transplanted the Rex Murfitt saxifrages into the big white pot with one of the tufa rocks.  I have lost one of them, not sure which one.  
The one in the cement pot is still there.  Not sure how it is named.  It will have white blossoms when it blooms.
The soil has packed down in the pot and I might need to repot them.  I will first try a gravel mulch on top.  

In the last week the fish have been running and counted at the fish fence near the Tilicum Mall.  I have been out to look for some in our area but did not see any.  We have had more rain, so this should be good for the fish.  

No comments: