Wednesday, September 02, 2015

More from our trip to the Prairies

 This is a composite of two photos. The cows, foreground and sky belong to one photo and the valley is the other.  Both photos are in the Medicine Hat, Alberta area.  They were converted to Jpegs from the RAW files. 
 This one turned into quite a large file while I was processing it.  I had to use a new method I have found for leveling the horizon.  It is so easy, and I am able to keep more of the file than using the old method of arbitrary rotation.  Here is the You Tube for it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqIkral5wQ
 This is the teepee you will see when you are in Medicine Hat.   Very decorative.
We camped in our usual campground overlooking the valley/river and the power plant.  There is not much of the river to be seen from the top of the hill.  I took this photo to my PSP v.4 to lighten up the foreground to show more detail, using the clarity adjustment.  It was very easy to do also.  I really must explore the PSP more!  There was quite a lot of playing with this to try to make a decent hdr, learning more in photoshop as I went along. 

We have had rain for the last few days.  There has been about an inch and a half in the rain gauge.  The weather forecast is for nice weather on the long week-end.  I have most of the soups that I planned to make finished and frozen.  There will be a few more things done up... spaghetti sauce, perhaps some cabbage rolls.  While I had the oven going to make the supper I put 5 beets in to bake.  I now have some of them frozen, and ready for eating.  They take so long to bake its good to make a few all at the same time. 


No comments: