Thursday, September 20, 2012

In the garden and on line

 Yesterday I discovered an email in my junk folder, from the CEO of Multiply.  They seem to be moving the head office to Jakarta, because of the shopping potential.  We were given links to plug-ins for Chrome or Firefox to download our stuff to our computers.  There were other options like transferring to Blogger.  This was my first photo page with MSN started in Jan of 2001.  In 2008 MSN migrated those of us who wanted to keep our accounts, to Multiply.  I moved and added a Travel album to my account.  But this time I  downloaded my old photos in their albums and deleted my account with them.  I was not really using that place.  But, of course, it has the nostalgic ties for me.  This is one of my better flower photos in one of the albums.  It is a lewisia.  It looks like I picked the flower and put it on a deep purple background.  I don't recall what that background was, but it goes well with the flower. 
This is one of the photos from the week end of the 7, 8, 9th when we were at Campbell River and Quadra Island for the Island Challenge meet.  We had excellent weather and a really good tour.  I am processing my photos and adding them to one of my Megashot accounts.  When I get them finished I will link all the people who were on the tour to the 'gallery'.  Pat has sent the link to a few people.  I don't seem to be getting many views, so far.  I think people just look at the 'thumbnails' because they are pretty big, and do not bother clicking on them to enlarge them, and thus give the photo a 'view' for the views counts.   I have quite a few photos to do for this event, as well as all of them for the Can-Am on the 13, 14, 15 and 16th.  I have managed to get a few of my "June" album for my old web page processed.  Still have about 12 of them to resize and process.  I might even get that album finished this year.

I spent a bit of time hoeing in the vegetable patch.  It has good tilth after all the compost I added last Fall and this Spring.  The gladiolas are up but have not formed buds.  They were 'on sale' when I bought them... so maybe next year I will get blooms.  I shall leave them in the ground under more mulch.  The dill got about 8 inches high.. not a good showing.  I have marigolds that are just getting started.  I know we had a late spring but these marigolds are really really late in getting started.  My giant Russian sunflowers sprouted one plant and it grew to an amazing foot tall with a tiny bloom on it.  I will try again next year, with more nutrients added to the soil.  I know the patch does not get enough sun. 
I found one more fig on the tree and there are 2 more big ones ripening.  This brings our total figs to a grand number of a dozen.  There are lots of little ones that may even ripen if this weather keeps up.  I watered the back and at the front a couple of days ago, so this encourages the plants in their growth cycle.  I have 3 dozen purple plums in the house.  I have pitted and quartered 8 of them; added about 3 tablespoons of sugar and let them stand for half hour, then added them to the rum pot.  The rum pot still has lots of liquid so I am not adding any more.  I have been taking it out of the fridge for a few hours every day hopefully to help it evaporate some of the liquid and become a nice thick rum pot mix. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This post could not be written any better!
Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate!
He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him.
Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!
Also visit my blog post ... Wooden Garden Benches

Anonymous said...

ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thx again

Anonymous said...

good post, added you to my RSS reader.

Anonymous said...

This was really a fascinating subject, I am very lucky to have the ability to come to your weblog and I will bookmark this page in order that I might come back one other time.