Monday, October 23, 2006

Panama Canal Cruise



Date: 10/10/2006, 1/1250 sec., F/4.0, Focal Length: 72.0 mm

We got back yesterday from our 14 day cruise on the Infinity of the Celebrity lines. It was a good cruise with some interesting shore excursions. After the Amsterdam to Bucharest River cruise, this was rather slow paced, though. Probably not good to compare as they are totally different types of cruises. Food was good, and too abundant. I gained only 2 pounds this time. There were approximately 2000 people on the 11 decks. We were on #2 with a porthole type of window that was unable to be cleaned and so I have no good photos from out the window. More money would have given us a balcony - no window. The weather varied from very very hot to rain and clouds with cooler temperatures.

My pictures are not great. I was having trouble with the light - extremely bright at times, cloudy and dark yet with light reflection from the water. Lens misting over when going from air conditioning to out on the deck. Too many people on the excursions to get any good shots, plus no time to really set any shot up.

Today I learned that the new beta blogger will not accept photos over 3.0 mb, so I had to reduce this by 80% to 2.29 in hopes of being able to load it. Hope it is sharp enough, as I did not do the USM after downsizing. My S3 IS does shoot A3 size jpegs. It says they are good to print at 11 x 16. I have not tried one yet, as I don't really have anything worth printing, yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colorful chute is a nice contrast against the blue sky.

Anonymous said...

very interesting shot... the parachute pattern has come so well. excellent.