Sunday, January 27, 2019

this n' that in January

 this is one of the J.B. Footography photos.  I have decided to call the library bear Hudson.  I am getting the list made up of the bears for each year of the Hudson Bay Charity Foundation.  There are various mixed up mentions of what year Hudson is for.  The Bay has, as of 2018, included this Charity in the US, with some partners.  The first bear looks a lot like this bear, and is called Hudson.  The Foundation with the Charity bears in 2005.  I am not sure what year I got this bear, but I am putting it as the first bear, in 2005.  The photo was made with a picture of someone;s polar bear up on my computer screen and the library bear, Hudson, in front of the screen.  J.B. is Just Bearly, another teddy bear I have.  Actually, Just Bearly was the first teddy bear in what has grown into a collection. 
 this photo of the yellow phalenopsis is made from a CR2 photo converted to DNG and processed in my photoshop.  My version of photoshop does not have my camera in its cameras to use the RAW files, so I convert them to DNG and then the photoshop can use them.  This orchid is in bloom now.  Its a lovely thing, and needs more attention to feeding and watering.  My Pixie BLC, cattelaya is outdoing itself with 6 blooms on it now.  It will surely need a rest period after all this show.  The red Christmas cactus that I now keep in natural light is finally producing blooms. 
 My first humming bird in flight.  Well... I think I need to use a higher ISO to capture this bird in flight.
 Another photo from the CanAm to Spokane area called the Palouse.  Taking photos from the seat of the  1912 Model T.  I rather like how this one turned out. 
 this is the Delosperma, Fire Spinner, (ice plant) blooming in the little rockery in the back garden.  They spread quite quickly, once established.  I gave a started cutting to Pam when they over a few days ago.  I have two more started cuttings that I will probably set around the garden. 
Another photo that I managed to get from a CR2 file from my Canon Rebel, 500d.  I do like how the RAW files have much more information in the pixels.  I really must learn to use my Rebel.  Right now I am using my Canon SX 60 with its long lens.  It does not have the sharpest photos, and of course, only the one long lens.

No comments: