Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More VCCC fashion show



This is the last of the photos from the VCCC fashion show at their 50 anniversary party. The gold dress, of course, for the golden anniversary.

Yesterday, I did some digging on the renovation of the back garden. I also dug out dandelions and other weeds at the front, cut back the bamboo, and put down a 30 litre bag of topsoil as top dressing around some of the little plants. Something has eaten holes in the buds of my fern leaf peony. I hope the buds still open. I have been seeing the rabbit around the front garden, and the squirrel as well as numerous birds. Waldo the wall lizard has been seen also. After lunch it began to rain. Pat took me to Cannor and I collected 16 rock garden perennials, 6 bags of top soil, 2 bags of washed sand and 2 bags of pea gravel. The dirt is to be delivered and I have the plants at home. I had a new person on the cash register. When I got home I found I had been charged for things I had not even mentioned... so I phoned them back and arranged to have the extra payment changed to 3 more bags of top soil and 1 more bag of sand. So, when it gets delivered I should have 9 bags of top soil and 3 bags of sand. I still have sand and mushroom manure on hand, and one bag of pea gravel.

No comments: