Tuesday, March 10, 2020

February in the garden and at the Museum

We had some colder temperatures and snow at the beginning of February.  The humming bird feeders needed attention to be thawed out in the mornings.   
 This Cattlaya Intermedia (orlata x aquinii)  species was in bloom in February 2018.
 It has been in bloom in February and is still in bloom now.  It probably had blooms in February of 2019 also, but I did not go looking for the photos.
I have had a huge invasion of tiny ants into my light garden.  I have put out some 'Ant Out' insectiside  for them.  Yesterday I cleaned th3e trays and watered all the plants again.  I still seem to have a few ants; especially in the Pixie plant.  I will have to keep an eye on them until I have them all gone.
 the back of the Museum.  I was down to see the International wildlife photography of the year contest winners  featured at the Museum.  There were some spectacular captures.
https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/vancouver-island/2020/2/24/1_4825616.html
The same day there was a march  to gather crowds for the Moose Hide campaign to end violence against Indigenous people.  The other  pipeline protesters were also at the front of the Legislature Building.  The protesters seem to have made some sort of a deal with the  governments as they are no longer blockading the railroads or access to the LNG pipeline progress.
The big concern for the country and the whole world at the moment is the spread of a wicked virus.

No comments: