Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Late spring

This is a photo of my crocuses that I took a few weeks ago, and converted from RAW.  I think this RAW idea really does have more data available.  I have my heavier lens on my dslr and so only use it for actual photography, rather than my snapshots to record garden, travel, etc. 

The crocuses are finished and the daffodils are out in full force.  There is arabis, anemones, hellebores, camillias, and a few others in bloom, now.  My neighbor, Mrs. P.  was complaining to me about the camillia flowers falling on her sidewalk and she has to clean them up every day.  At least that is what I think she was saying.  She is hard to understand.  I think she wants me to cut back my screening cedars that are between our decks.  They make 'junk' in her eaves troughs, it seems and blow against her house in the wind.  She also wants me to cut a limb off my English Oak tree, as the clothes from her clothes line seem to blow out against the tree.  All this from a woman with not one tree in her yard.  Its rather sad.  I wish she would take a drive through Broadmead and see how the rich people keep their trees.    I will need to prune back storm damage on the large cedar hedge on the other side of the house and reduce a tall straggly yew to a manageable size, at the back.  Of course the hedges will need trimming all over the garden.  It has been raining lately, so I have not been out yet.  Pat did some pruning on the fruit trees a few days ago.  The yellow plum is in bloom.  All of this is about 2 - 3 weeks late this year.

No comments: