Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tiny Bubbles




This is a shot of my pond. The water was covered with white petals that have fallen off the blooming plum tree. I cropped the large photo, and then cropped it some more to try to get closer to the reflection in the bubble. The bubbles are from the water fall. The green plant is the water hawthorn. It has white blossoms so you cannot see that it is in bloom at the moment.

I walked to the end of the block to see how our local building boom is coming along. There are 3 houses going in next to the river by the bridge. It no longer looks like a country lane. I am glad I got photos of those trees and the little split rail fence before they were gone. Now its just more houses without character. I saw a quail but could not get a shot of it as it ran behind a heap of dug out dirt before I could shoot it.

I mowed the lawn, weeded and dug over a bit of the garden today. Its slowly coming along. The front needs quite a lot of work yet.

I made a blackberry pie. Pam and Rachel will be over tomorrow. Rachel is playing soccer again. We had fun last time they were over. I am looking forward to this visit.

No comments: