Monday, September 04, 2006

Harvest





We have been having tomatoe sandwiches with tomatoes from the garden for lunch. There are not very many out there though. The cumcumber has 2 cukes, is all. The grapes are looking good. I think they will be ready to eat before the guys come to paint the garage and house trim. I will have to get my plants away from the garage, so they can do a good job of the painting. I might have to cut the grape, evergreen clematis, jasmines, all down. I will see how if any of them can just be pulled away, without breaking or cutting them off. There are a few purple plums out front. I am waiting for them to get completely ripe.

I took a few photos of the bear in the car for my 'bears' album on my page. I think the first one, the academic is still the best.

We had the barbeque last nite. About 15 people. On Saturday, I had picked about 2 1/2 pounds of blackberries in about an hour, across the street from our house. Then made 2 pies for dessert for the barbeque. The Grants did all the meats and veggies. Mmmmmm, some good cookin'.

Filled the pond this morning. I have 2 goldfish left. Guess the racoons got the rest. They got Gertie's corn from next door. I have yet to get a picture of the little bandits.

No comments: