Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Day 24 Sinaia Monastery

I have finished tweaking the photos for the 2005 trip. Now, the album has to be made, fixed and loaded. Shouldn't be long now, until it is on my page.

On day 24 we travelled by bus to Bran where Dracula's castle is the main attraction. On the way we stopped to see this Sinai Monastery. Very ornate. After lunch, as we continued to Bran and the castle a heavy fog/mist fell over the countryside. I have some very foggy, murky photos that are the perfect atmosphere for our journey to Dracula's castle.

Day 25 was a travel home day, with KLM. Was good to get home. It was a fantastic trip. I would recommend it. Getting the timing for the Fall colors of the leaves was just about perfect this year. Maybe just a week earlier would have been a tiny bit better. But that is a small matter. The food, services, information, fellow travellors, everything was just very good. We all caught a cold/flu but that is almost to be expected when travelling in groups like this. I was one of the fortunate ones not to get any of it, this time, while travelling. Pat suffered double for us, I guess.

No comments: